FM23Football Manager 2022
FM22Football Manager 2021
FM21Football Manager 2020
FM20Football Manager 2019
FM19Football Manager 2018
FM18Football Manager 2017
FM17Football Manager 2016
FM16Football Manager Online
FMOFootball Manager 2015
FM15Football Manager 2014
FM14Football Manager 2013
FM13Football Manager 2012
FM12Football Manager 2011
FM11Football Manager 2010
FM10Football Manager Live
FMLFootball Manager 2009
FM09Football Manager 2008
FM08Football Manager 2007
FM07Football Manager 2006
FM06Football Manager 2005
In Football Manager 2018, we brought player dynamics and squad harmony right to the fore. Now you could see in detail how social groups were spread around your squad and who held the most influence. Decisions you make about who plays and who sits things out, and about who you add to the squad, need to fit around those harmonics, and it may require compromises to maintain them.
Building a harmonious dressing room was a nuanced endeavour, so we updated our scouting system to allow for greater subtlety. A true-to-life representation of the techniques used by the world's biggest clubs, it let you carefully apportion resources into different areas scouting, potentially giving you vital information about how new players would improve or disrupt the balance of your dressing room.
On the pitch, the matchday experience was greatly enhanced by a new graphics engine, producing the best lighting, stadia and player models in the series' history, brought together under a sleeker match interface with modernised presentation. There were also redesigned tactics screens, putting analysis at the heart of everything, and a new Medical Centre to help you manage injuries across the squad and watch out for potential ones.
What We Said
As football clubs across the globe are busy making their final signings of the summer, there’s one addition that every football fan needs in their squad… and we’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2018 will be ready for action on Friday, November 10th.
Anyone who pre-purchases Football Manager 2018 (for PC, Mac or Linux) through a SEGA approved retailer* will be able to start pre-season at least two weeks prior to the official street date through a fully-playable Beta version (single player careers started in the Beta can be continued in the full game).
In addition, fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2018 (before Monday, October 9th) and have Football Manager 2017 in their Steam Library will receive a 'Contract Extension Bonus' discount of 25% off their purchase via Steam or the SEGA Store.
What They Said
"The series' propensity for telling emergent stories has only increased with this emphasis on player personalities and morale, and it bleeds into every other facet of Football Manager 2018's design, from transfers and injuries, to team selection and tactical considerations. These are changes that tilt the simulation closer to reality with captivating aplomb, and ensure that the armchair managers among us are kept busy for another whirlwind 12 months of 40-yard screamers and cup final heartbreak."
"Is this Football Manager’s most ambitious instalment yet? It’s certainly the most well-rounded in recent memory. Ask me again in 12 months’ time, once my save file has inevitably racked up hours into the hundreds. And by that time I might have won back the dressing room."
"Fundamentally, there aren’t many changes to the Football Manager core. This is a yearly update of a series that’s been around for a long time. All the same, there have been fundamental changes to elements of the game, and they’re welcome, and logical."
• Never Lose The Dressing Room - New tools to understand the hierarchy of social groups in your squad, helping you build a harmonious team by encouraging partnerships on and off the pitch
• Most Realistic Match Engine Ever - A new graphics engine improved lighting, player models, interface and presentation
• Real-World Scouting System - True-to-life representation of the techniques used by the world's biggest clubs
• Avoid That Injury Crisis - The new Medical Centre let you tap into the medical team's knowledge to keep on top of recovery times and avoid potential injuries in future training sessions
• Tactical Revamp - A new tactical interface that puts analysis at the heart of everything
• Fantasy Draft Redesign - Including a new interface that's ideal for streaming
Armchair manager who has to leave your armchair more than you'd like? Then Football Manager 2018 Mobile was the game for you. Designed to be played on the move, it offered a stripped-back take on core FM gameplay while maintaining plenty of depth.
You could choose to manage teams from 17 playable nations, with South Korea and USA joining the list this time out (good news for MLS fans), or you could use the returning My Club mode to create your own custom club and squad.
Changes this year included more tactical options, allowing you to adjust player roles more subtly in the hunt for an effective formation, issue new player instructions and implement additional attacking and defensive options.
You could also start a season as an unknown manager, forcing you to contend with doubtful pros as you tried to imprint your philosophy, which presented a challenge to even the hardiest FM veteran.
• More Countries Than Ever - USA and South Korea join the ever-growing list of nations where you can manage, with 17 available in total
• Improved Tactical Options - Tinker with your team in more depth than ever to find the formation that fits and get your players to use it fruitfully
• My Club Returns - Build a custom team of your friends and family
Having established itself as the accessible, brilliantly playable side dish to the banquet that is the home computer version, Football Manager Touch 2018 took the spinoff series to new places, debuting on Nintendo Switch. Co-developed with sister studio Hardlight (the team behind Sonic Dash and Sonic Jump), FM18 Touch was our first foray into console gaming in many years, and the first time the 3D Match Engine had graced a console.
Sports Interactive and Hardlight put in the hard yards to deliver a versatile Switch edition that could be played however players wanted. The user interface was unique to Switch, with customised controls that allowed budding managers to use touchscreen and Joy-Con controllers as they saw fit. Playing on a big screen in docked mode or out on the go, it was the full FM18 Touch experience at your fingertips.
Whether you played on Switch, tablet or computer, FM18 Touch offered a refined take on the 'transfers and tactics' formula that had proven so popular since it was first introduced as FM Classic several years previously. Developing your football philosophy, navigating the transfer market and tackling scenarios in Challenge Mode was all there, with greater depth and variety than ever.
• FM Debuts On Nintendo Switch - Co-developed with Hardlight, the Switch edition featured a unique interface designed to work whether docked or on the go
• Tactics & Transfers - Focus on getting your team on the pitch and racking up the results in this accessible, brilliantly playable spinoff from FM18
• Everyone's A Philosopher - It's easier than ever to get better at tactics as the analysis steers you towards strengths by highlighting weaknesses
• Challenge Mode Returns - The popular scenario mode that asks you to resolve challenging situations to the best of your management ability