FM23Football Manager 2022
FM22Football Manager 2021
FM21Football Manager 2020
FM20Football Manager 2019
FM19Football Manager 2018
FM18Football Manager 2017
FM17Football Manager 2016
FM16Football Manager Online
FMOFootball Manager 2015
FM15Football Manager 2014
FM14Football Manager 2013
FM13Football Manager 2012
FM12Football Manager 2011
FM11Football Manager 2010
FM10Football Manager Live
FMLFootball Manager 2009
FM09Football Manager 2008
FM08Football Manager 2007
FM07Football Manager 2006
FM06Football Manager 2005
We've heard it a million times: the new manager will have lots of things to worry about in their in-tray. But what if the in-tray was smarter and more actionable, rather than just overflowing? For Football Manager 2017, we made sure it was.
Now you would receive messages that were more intuitive, contextual and relevant, with advice from staff that could be actioned without leaving the inbox. You no longer had to go out of your way to perform little tasks, buried many menus away, and together these tweaks could add up to a few extra points a season.
Away from your inbox, the 3D Match Engine was improved with over 1,500 new motion-captured animations, better AI decision-making, improved stadia and realistic LED ad hoardings. FaceGen technology allowed you to scan your own face into the game, so you could admire yourself stalking the touchline. And if your team was losing, you could check in on a delightful new social media feed to see how the result was going down.
With over 2,500 real clubs to manage and over 500,000 footballers and staff to choose between, this was the biggest Football Manager yet, but you had to be careful when selling a potential inbound player on your 'project' - fail to convince them and you could end up in a protracted transfer saga.
What We Said
Now that all of their club's fixtures are in the diary, there's only one date left that real football fans need to know... and we're happy to reveal that Football Manager 2017 & Football Manager Touch 2017 will hit the streets on Friday, November 4th.
People who buy Football Manager 2017 on PC/Mac/Linux will get a free copy of Football Manager Touch 2017 (the streamlined, ‘transfers and tactics’ version) with their purchase, and Touch which will also be available as a standalone release from the same day.
Fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2017 from a participating digital retailer will be able to start their new managerial career at least two weeks prior to the official street date through a fully-playable Beta version (single player careers started in the Beta can be continued in the full game).
What They Said
"FM16 was close to the complete game, and FM17 is a very definite leap forward. It’s not easy to improve on a near-perfect product but through smart and intuitive tweaks, this feels like the best iteration yet."
"Developer Sports Interactive has done a better job of addressing the sometimes daunting complexity of the series than it has done for years."
"The perennial strengths of Football Manager are stronger than ever, yet it’s the furtive improvements to the match engine that really set Football Manager 2017 apart from its immediate predecessor. Sure, I still have gripes with the tactical interface, and there isn’t anything new there worth writing about. But if your rear end has ever been entrenched in the virtual dugout or you're just a fresh-faced hopeful looking to begin your journey, Football Manager 2017 is easy to recommend to the budding manager."
• Smart Inbox - The most intuitive, contextual and relevant information sent to you daily, actionable straight from your inbox
• 3D Match Engine Upgrades - Over 1,500 new motion-captured animations, better AI decision-making, improved stadia and LED ad hoardings
• New Staff Roles - Bring in Data Analysts and Sports Scientists to help get the most out of your players
• Fantasy Draft Progression - Popular multiplayer mode returns with a new single-player version where you play against AI managers modelled on real people who are famous fans of FM
• Social Media Feed - Fans and media now have their say on social media
Perfect for playing on the go, Football Manager Mobile 2017 was the super-accessible sibling to FM17 and FM17 Touch, but no less serious about delivering an impeccable football management simulation.
You could manage any club from 15 countries, including all the big European leagues - and Polish and Turkish leagues were included for the first time on mobile. Improved scouting controls made it easier to find the right talent-spotters and set them to work, while tighter squad control options helped you get a handle on your team, disciplining players who put in poor performances, demonstrated unprofessional behaviour or found themselves on the receiving end of a red card in a previous match.
New transfer options added to the realism. Loan players could now join with a future buyout clause, and it was possible to appeal work permit applications, all of which added to the ways in which you could bring top players to your club.
• Accessible and Intuitive - The most accessible version of Football Manager, perfect for playing on the go, with a finely tuned and intuitive interface
• Two New Leagues - Control any club from 15 countries, now including Poland and Turkey for the first time on mobile
• Improved Scouting - Search and hire your own scouts to help with signings
• Tighter Squad Control - Respond to poor performances, unprofessional behaviour and dismissals. Don't let them get the better of you
• New Transfer Options - Loan players with a future buyout clause, and the option to appeal work permit applications
The much-loved 'transfers and tactics' version of the home computer smash hit returned with Football Manager Touch 2017, bringing with it a raft of enhancements to everything from the 3D Match Engine to Challenge Mode, along with a number of new features and quality-of-life improvements to interface and visuals.
The 3D Match Engine received significant upgrades, thanks to a bunch of new motion-captured player animations, improved AI and stadia, and new camera angles. Or, if you were in a hurry, you could now choose 'Instant Result' to skip the action and see who would have won without your intervention. Let's hope they were paying attention on the training ground.
Away from the pitch, there was a new, more intuitive inbox, a social media feed to keep up with punters and pundits' take on your performances, new backroom staff, and a wide range of improvements to scouting, all delivered via the same slick, touchscreen-optimised interface that won plaudits a year earlier. FM17 Touch was simply the best way to manage your team on a high-end tablet.
• Enhanced 3D Match Engine - New motion-captured animations, improved AI and stadia, and new camera angles bring the beautiful game to life as never before
• New Inbox & Social Media - Keep up with everything to do with your club in your inbox, and try not to get distracted by the howls of discontent on social media when your first XI puts in a shocking performance
• Instant Result - In a hurry? Then skip the action and see who would've won with minimal input from the sidelines
• And Much More - New backroom staff, a wide range of changes to scouting, and new content for Challenge Mode, among many other improvements