Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that makes the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are six staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of being parent-friendly and having high staff tenure (40% have worked here for over 10 years). Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
Sports Interactive are looking for a UI Scripter to help bridge design and development within the UIUX team. This role will work across Football Manager and Football Manager Touch titles on PC/Mac, tablets and Nintendo Switch; and is an opportunity to be involved at the heart of UI building for these titles.
Utilising our XML scripting language – for which you will help set and maintain the standard of – you will help build UI elements, design and polish screen layouts, and address bugs in our game UI.
This role would suit a budding designer with technical skills, or a potential programmer with an eye for design. Both disciplines complement the work involved so it will offer great exposure and opportunity to pursue deeper involvement in either.
This role would be on a fixed-term contract basis initially, with potential for extension.
- Ensure UI implementation matches intended where driven by XML
- Address appearance and layout issues in the UI
- Maintain the XML standard
- Collaborate with developers, QA, production and other designers to understand the requirements
- Work with senior designers, programmers and production to develop and grow your skill set
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong familiarity with Football Manager titles
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. XML, HTML, CSS)
- A passion for good UIUX design
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a close-knit team
- A yearning to understand and meet the needs of the user
- Experience developing Football Manager skins