Tools Programmer - Football Manager
Sports Interactive has a great opportunity for a dedicated and passionate tools programmer to design, implement, enhance and maintain the proper functioning of our tools that help improve the effectiveness and workflow of the entire studio.
You will be working on internal tools for improving workflow and processes as well as tools that we release to the public as part of our products. You will be learning about and using all the various aspects of our games and engine code and you will be working closely with all our development teams across all discipline to help drive our tools technology forward.
You will report into our Technical Director, while also interfacing with our various development teams, our production team and our QA team to analyse requirements for improving our tools and implement these.
- Analyse and understand requirements with a goal to improve development, testing and production workflows and pipelines.
- Analyse existing features in the game engine and existing tools to suggest improvements and design and implement new systems as necessary.
- Design, implement and maintain tools and systems to improve automated workflows (pipeline tools, build systems, etc) and productivity tools (game and engine editors, etc).
- Analyse and fix bugs in tools and pipelines as identified by yourself, other developers, production or our quality assistance team.
- Work with a wide range of technologies from GUI tools to command line tools and build systems.
- Keep up to date with the latest innovations in the industry and identify improvements for the future.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in designing and developing tools, from command line tools for automated workflows to GUI tools for internal and external use.
- Excellent C++ programming skillset.
- Knowledge of and experience in other programming and scripting languages, such as Python, C#, etc.
- Ability to understand user needs and adapt to change.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that makes the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are six staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of being parent-friendly and having high staff tenure (40% have worked here for over 10 years). Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.Apply