We are looking for a developer to assume ownership of various systems that are used to receive data on a backend and running it through a pipeline to be put into our products. Such systems include our game test system for automated test coverage across our products, our in-house translation system that integrates with MemoQ and used by more than 70 translators worldwide for all our products, as well as other systems and many opportunities for new ones to support and improve the studio’s overall workflow, pipelines and productivity.
You will report to our Technical Director and work closely with all the various teams across the studio, and you are able to communicate well with non-technical stakeholders such as producers and designers.
For this role we are looking for a mid-level or senior, with excellent opportunities for progression and taking ownership of this role and grow a team around the discipline of automated testing and other critical services within the studio.
- Work closely with all teams in the studio to identify and understand needs and requirements, and design and implement systems to meet these.
- Maintain and improve tools and systems that manage data running through a pipeline from backends all the way to becoming assets used in our projects and products.
- Analyse and fix bugs in these systems as identified by yourself and other users of such systems internally.
- Work with a wide range of technologies from command line tools through GUI tools, websites and databases.
- Keep up to date with latest innovation in the industry and identify improvements for the future.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience with full stack website development.
- Some experience of one or more shell languages, such as Powershell or Bash.
- Some experience of C++, C#, Python or similar is beneficial.
- Some experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. Knowledge of NoSQL is beneficial.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Dynamic and adaptable to existing and new technologies, working across different domains.
- A passion for full backend-to-frontend systems and solutions to implement data and asset from source to final product.
- Great interpersonal and team communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply