Technical Support Engineer - FTC 2 years
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Team: Business Operations
Location: SI HQ, Here East, London
Reporting to: Senior Infrastructure & Network Engineer
Are you a strong Technical Support Engineer with experience working in a fast-paced environment and have the desire to make a real difference within the IT Team?
Then look no further. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a game studio with the latest technologies and contribute to producing a global and critically acclaimed game.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, hardworking Technical Support Engineer with a genuine passion for technology and hardware and the desire to mentor and upskill a Service Desk team. You will be supporting a studio with over 300 team members. You will need to be experienced in resolving end-user computing issues. The role is based in our Studio, but you will support and deliver solutions to users working at home across the UK and globally. You will be exposed to the latest technologies and participate in implementing new systems and processes that improve team efficiency. You will be required to deliver on projects as outlined in the IT Strategic roadmap. In addition, you will be working closely with a technically accomplished Engineering and DevOps team. This is an opportunity to work in a high-performing and customer-focused IT team.
- Provide end-to-end technical support from first line to second-line issues and requests.
- Diagnose hardware and application issues, providing workarounds until a permanent resolution is established.
- Assist with the building, imaging, configuration, maintenance, and repair of computers onsite in the office and remotely
- Assist in the onboarding process of new starters, ensuring that all PCs, laptops, software, peripherals, and accounts are working on the first day
- Maintain the device management solutions for both Apple Mac and Windows, ensuring they are kept up-to-date and functioning properly
- Procure, configure and maintain a suite of smartphone and tablet devices for QA testing, ensuring details are accurate on the asset register
- Ensure that all desktops and laptops are patched to the appropriate levels and report on progress monthly
- Liaise with vendor support teams on troubleshooting hardware and applications that are out of the scope of the IT team
- Support and advise the Junior Service Desk team members in administration, maintenance of desktop and user applications
- Be the escalation point for complex issues from the Service Desk team and, where appropriate escalate incidents quickly to the relevant internal IT Team and 3rd party vendors
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT Projects that contribute to the efficiency of the IT Team and add value to the studio
- Create and maintain accurate IT checklists and other documentation
- Record, prioritise, assign and manage IT requests and incidents made to Sports Interactive IT Service Desk system
- Manage the studio teams' expectations and communications throughout the lifecycle of each ticket
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Assist in setting up IT/AV equipment for studio live events
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 3+ years' experience working in an IT Support Role
- A logical approach to solving incidents
- A desire to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Self-motivated and gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Desire to mentor and upskill a Service Desk Team
- Strong Apple MAC O/S expertise
- Strong Microsoft Operating Systems expertise
- Microsoft Office Suite of Applications -Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- MDM solutions for Apple Mac and Windows
- Active Directory and O365 user administration
- Good understanding of PC components and the latest hardware
- A strong willingness to learn
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure
- The ability to prioritise tasks based on a variety of factors
- Atlassian products, JIRA, Confluence and Trello
- Source control software, Perforce Helix Core and Git
- O365, including Exchange Online, Teams and OneDrive
- Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- PowerShell scripting
- CI/CD tools, e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.