Studio Finance Manager PART TIME (20 hours per week flexible working) FTC 12 months
Reporting to the studio COO, the Studio Financial Manager will responsible for aligning the financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and reporting of our long term financial performance in a variety of accounting methodology views. Working to corporate and studio processes and tools, your day to day will involve projecting performances and costs, scenario/contingency planning, and creating tools/methodologies to enable timely decision-making and consensus building for resource allocation and investment decisions. In addition, you’ll be tracking the various revenue streams, interrogating financial sales and cost data, and reporting monthly accounting. You will be making regular recommendations to improve the studio’s financial opportunities, The role will also entail building relationships with wider stakeholders for sharing and communicating key insights.
This role would suit someone with prior experience in a creative industry assessing/greenlighting investments and dealing with complex accounting systems. It is a high impact role, with visibility through the studio and publisher management teams, you will need excellent communication and organising skills. As a new role, responsibilities are likely to evolve based on experience and interest of the successful applicant.
- Ownership of the studio P&L preparation – including long term 5 year strategic planning view, annual budget, monthly snapshot and individual title/project P&Ls – in multiple amortisation/capitalisation rules.
- You will anticipate Scenario/Contingency planning reports at title and studio level
- Working with our Business Intelligence and Office Management teams – you’ll create tools/processes for budgeting, forecasting & and accounting submissions at monthly and annual rhythms.
- In preparing Title P&Ls you’ll work with cost centre teams to collate latest assumptions
- Working with individual team leads you’ll create tools to support/make recommendations for studio resource allocations and investment decisions (for example title, platform, localisation, license acquisition, etc.)
- Working with our publishers finance and business strategy teams you’ll create financial tools and reports for long term planning
- Prepare and present monthly reports on studio/project expenditures
- Working with publisher, collate information to support application for Video Games Tax Credits
- Ad hoc projects with numeric/excel skills required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE PREFERED
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- More than four years’ experience in a financial planning and revenue reporting role (in software or creative industry would be advantageous)
- Expert in Microsoft Excel with understanding of creating tools for “non expert” excel users
- Prior experience of Oracle, BPC or similar ERP system is helpful
- Good data visualisation & creating interesting powerpoints for the numerically unconfident
- Strong communication and team building capabilitiesin a diverse, multi-cultural setting
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.Apply