Software Engineer (Match Technologies)
Match Technologies Programmer
The match engine team at our studio are looking for a talented software engineer to help us take our football match simulation to the next level.
You will join a passionate and flourishing team who cares deeply about the realism and visual quality of the match simulation in our games.
As part of this team, you will be working with multiple teams across the studio to improve the engine behind this simulation. This includes working with physics, artificial intelligence, animations as well as graphical improvements to our engine. Another core responsibility will be taking part in developing and maintaining the internal tools we depend on to enable quick iteration and innovation within the match experience.
You will be an important part of driving the direction of the match experience that our users have in our products, and you have full input into the team specifically as well as the studio generally with the opportunity to voice your ideas and suggestions.
Our match simulation is shared across multiple products and is a critical part of the games we make, and you will consider challenges involving the match experience across a number of platforms, including on mobile devices.
We are looking for self-motivated people with excellent communication skills who are able to complete work independently as well as part of a team.
- Develop, extend, improve and maintain our code base, workflows and tools
- Work closely and iterate with our match engine, animation, AI, graphics and tools teams across the studio to continuously improve the look and feel of our match simulation.
- Work across multiple platforms and ensure we deliver the best performance and experience to our customer base.
- Help research and implement new simulation technologies as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of C++, design patterns and software engineering.
- Minimum three years of professional experience using C++ as the main language.
- Games industry experience.
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) or higher in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics.
- Very strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with software engineers, artists, animators and production staff.
- A good understanding of performance and optimisation.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others continuously.
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that makes the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are six staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of being parent-friendly and having high staff tenure (40% have worked here for over 10 years). Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.Apply