Software Developer in Test - QA - SDET
Software Developer in Test - QA - SDET
We are looking for a Software Developer in Test who will work closely with QA to build new tools and help improve an automated testing framework that compliments the difficult challenge of testing Football Manager.
This is a newly created role, which will add considerable value to the overall quality of the game and empower our QA team to be able to do more at an even higher quality level. We need a forward thinking SDET, willing to take responsibility for an important area and who wants their work and contribution to make a big impact to the business.
- Designing, building and testing new tools and systems which aid QA and the business in our ongoing quest to release better quality games year on year.
- Own our automation system, understanding the requirements, scoping out the work and delivering in an agile environment.
- Working to improve testing scope and coverage which will massively help prevent and find issues within Football Manager, across all SKUs.
- Making a significant contribution to defining, maintaining, and improving our testing architecture and implementing best practice
- 3+ years of C++ experience
- Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks. Lua scripting experience a bonus.
- Ability to work under pressure, own issues, analyse in detail and be solutions driven.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Bonus points for experience in our backend tech stack of PHP, Apache , Ubuntu, MySQL 8, Laravel, Vue JS, Inertia JS, Tailwind CSS, Node JS, Socket.io, Laravel Websockets
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply