Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Sports Interactive are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior UX Designer to lead the quality of overall user experience for our exciting mobile project.
You will be joining a small development team, with the accountability of tackling complex design challenges and providing solutions that are in line with our game vision and player needs. Directly responsible for the design and implementation of intuitive and polished interactions, from the frontend, to a wide array of in-game features. Experience of tying many features into one cohesive product experience necessary.
Your experience within the mobile industry will be instrumental in taking our existing project to the next level.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Team and the wider dev team to create a best in class mobile game experience, inline with the Product Vision.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to understand the player journey and provide detailed, well thought out solutions to any challenges uncovered.
- Create and effectively communicate user journeys/wireframes/prototypes to gain buy in from team members.
- Gain a deep understanding of our internal game engine to understand technical limitations within the design process
- Validate UX Design assumptions via an array of User Research tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years UX experience within mobile
- Demonstrable examples of mobile games or apps showcasing an understanding of touch-based interactions and handheld design use cases.
- Understanding of full development cycle, from prototype to end product
- Ability to rapidly prototype UX solutions
- Excellent creative software skills a must – Adobe CC
- Experience and an understanding of user centric design
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for team collaboration
- Experience of being part of a fast-paced agile team
- Willingness to learn – growth mindset.
- Strong documentation skills
- Player-first mindset
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply