Senior UI Software Engineer
Senior UI Software Engineer
The UI team are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Football Manager team. As part of the UI team, you will be working directly on all aspects of the game’s User Interface across PC, Mac, tablet and console. This role includes collaborating closely with our design, gameplay, core tech and match engine teams to ensure we have quality features which flow through the entire end to end experience of our game.
You will join a passionate and flourishing team who care deeply about the visual quality in our games and will be responsible for both maintaining the quality of current features and ideation alongside the development of future enhancements. In addition to this, you will receive the opportunity to voice your ideas and suggestions across the wider studio.
We are looking for candidates who have worked with multiple programming languages, but your main language are C++ and C#. You are up to date on the latest developments in the language and have experience with modern C++ and C#, ideally the candidate will have experience using the Unity game engine.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates with good communication skills who can complete work independently as well as part of a team. This role will include mentoring junior developers and helping to guide their career path alongside leading our team in using new technologies.
- Work across multiple platforms and projects to ensure we deliver the best performance and experience to our customer base.
- Own areas of the codebase with the ability to develop new features from scratch and support current features across all supported platforms.
- Improve and maintain various areas of our user interfaces including our UI libraries.
- Develop, extend, improve, and maintain our code base, workflows, and tools.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, including user experience, design, QA and production to contribute to the overall development of our game.
- Work closely with seniors/leads and production to drive new features and set long term roadmap.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five years of professional experience using C++ as the main language
- Strong knowledge of C++, design patterns and software engineering.
- Experience designing and developing a range of systems within the games industry.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design principles with a passion for user experience
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and portable code
- Strong understanding of XML and ability to write, maintain and manage XML schemas
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills for effective collaboration with software engineers, artists, animators, QA, and production staff.
- Knowledge and experience of C# and Unity is desired for this role.
- Knowledge of Flexbox and CSS is a plus for this role.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply