Senior Mobile Developer – iOS, Android
Sports Interactive are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Mobile Developer to enhance and maintain the tech support for an exciting mobile project.
You will be joining a small and focused development team, working closely with a Product Team, Lead Developer and fellow programmers to bring the game to life across mobile platforms, and support it in a live service environment.
Your experience with mobile device technology will be instrumental in taking our existing project to the next level. As part of your close working relationship with our Lead Developer and Senior Tech Developer, you will also have an opportunity to work on server technology.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer and Senior Tech Developer to develop and improve game support across a variety of mobile platforms and devices.
- Oversee stability of Android and iOS builds for production and test environments.
- Live-service support for device-specific issues.
- Maintain support for both new and existing Android/iOS releases.
- APK integration and maintenance.
- Integration of new features with Google and Apple services.
- Gain an understanding of our internal C++ engine.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years full-time, professional C++ experience within mobile.
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK.
- Extensive iOS development experience.
- Excellent C++ skills, including modern C++ (including C++17).
- Familiarity with Google and Apple app integration.
- Objective-C and Java experience (desired).
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, portable and well documented code.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply