Senior IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer
Senior IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer
We’re looking to consolidate a successful and customer-driven IT team in a dynamic game developer with additional focus on cloud technologies. This role will work closely with the Head of IT in setting out priorities, collaborating with experienced and technically accomplished developers as well as providing mentoring/coaching to young ambitious, junior team members looking to take on more responsibility. It will suit someone curious, supportive and who likes to grow their roles further. You will be exposed to the latest technologies in a fast-paced environment. As a leader in making world-class interactive entertainment leader, you will be an integral part of the studio's success.
As a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer, your role will be to design, develop and maintain the IT core infrastructure and systems. You will be the technical lead and will provide technical guidance on infrastructure solutions. You will manage operational support of IT solutions, technical projects and new technology initiatives. This is a full-stack position which will require you to support networking, middleware, operating systems, applications and associated hardware.
- Provide subject matter expertise against core platforms that are the responsibility of the IT team.
- Proactive administration, maintenance and management of core infrastructure including, servers, storage area networks, enterprise-level backups, applications and databases
- Ensure that core infrastructure is secure, available and recoverable
- Develop, maintain and implement appropriate industry-standard best practices for Microsoft technologies
- Provide a solid strategy for migrating services to the cloud, with emphasis on Azure
- Work closely with SEGA Europe Network and IT team ensuring the security and integrity of all systems, network and infrastructure within the studio
- Report, trend and analyse infrastructure load and system availability producing effective capacity planning to maximise uptimes and throughput
- Conduct deep-dive technical analysis to resolve system problems, ensuring procedures and processes are followed for system changes.
- Work closely with the infrastructure engineers to resolve incidents
- Identify and implement patching and planned preventative maintenance schedules
- Maintain accurate operational documentation on all elements of the Infrastructure and Infrastructure systems
- Identifying and escalating infrastructure improvements to the Head of IT
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers ensuring faults are logged and that SLAs are met
- Oversee automation and scripting solutions to improve efficiencies within the team
- Work outside of normal office hours including weekends when required and participate in an on-call rota
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will have:
- A proven track record in a similar role supporting and maintaining a Microsoft and VMware environment.
- Advanced VMware knowledge including but not limited to:
- vSphere 6+
- VMware clustering and networking
- Shared data storage (Nimble and 3Par)
- VCP certification or equivalent experience.
- MCSE/MCSA certification
- Demonstrable experience of complex Networking issues LAN, WAN, Firewall, Wireless
- Experience working with Linux operating systems in a production environment is a must
- Experience of migrating, configuring and managing services in cloud environments (Azure) is a must
- Strong experience of administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and other domain service functions
- Good understanding of Backup solutions
- Proven experience working with and implementing alerting/monitoring systems
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure
- The ability to prioritise tasks based on a variety of factors
- The ability to identify potential issues and resolve them in a proactive manner
- Experience of leading/mentoring team members
Desirable skills/Nice to have:
- Source control applications (Perforce Helix Core)
- PowerShell scripting
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Thin client solutions e.g. Citrix, Teradici
- AWS experience
- Office 365 Administration & Support
- Infrastructure as a Code solutions; Ansible, Terraform
- CCNA qualification
- Working in a Games studio
We will be:
- Supportive and encouraging, committing to develop your talents
- Offering a fantastic social working environment based in amazing Here East, near Stratford (once we are back in the office!)
- Offering a wide range of benefits
- Our studio has disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there is a wide range of regular social events and activities catering to diverse interests). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.Apply