Senior HR Business Partner
Senior HR Business Partner
A unique role in a unique studio for an experienced HR professional to support and develop a world class team delivering world class interactive entertainment. This role needs a balance of best practice know-how/process combined with a forward looking talent and team development champion.
- Understand the Studio’s Strategic Direction & shape progressive people initiatives to meet the studio’s strategic and cultural aims.
- Implement an authentic & commercial Business Partnering approach within the studio supporting a high-performance team-based people-focused culture in a fast moving technical and creative environment, currently at approx. 200 fulltime and contracted team members.
- Innovate/inspire in recruitment, learning & development and team engagement to contributing to communities/causes
- Liaise and partner with Central HR services & wider SEGA Studios HR teams to roll out group wide ‘SEGA Studios’ initiatives.
- Member of Studio ‘Line Manager’ (Functional Heads) team & SEGA Studios HR Leads working group.
- Engage in regular and effective communication with ‘Line Manager’ group and Studio management to:
- Ensure the studio’s on and offboarding processes are managed effectively.
- Provide support to managers and employees around performance management, including appraisals, development plans, objective setting and career development.
- Ensure early identification, intervention and resolution of people challenges
- Provide guidance to organisational and team challenges in a commercial and compliant manner through the lens of the CIPD code of Professional Conduct.
- Advise employees and management on policies, processes and systems.
- Champion and promote HR initiatives across the teams
- Management or participation in employment relation cases.
- Understand and advise managers on relevant UK & Local Employment Law (countries of particular interest being UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden & France)
- Assist central HR Services with ongoing review of policies and communications to ensure they are compliant and aligned to business and commercial goals across the studio
- Regularly review, analyse and prepare insights based on available analytics to recommend future approaches and incentives.
- Provide coaching and guidance to studio HR teams as required.
- Management of all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to developing and enhancing studio culture.
- Input into recruitment process and partners – helping to identify opportunities for community access, support an emerging apprentice/intern/postgraduate schemes and finding new ways to access/train talent.
- Develop the Studio performance management systems & processes.
- Develop the Studio Learning & Development initiatives in line with the studio strategic goals.
- Identifying and implementing appropriate talent retention strategies in line with the studio strategic goals
- Partner with Central HR Services & SEGA Studios teams on rollout of local and group wide D&I, CSR and other initiatives.
- Partner with Studio management on studio Headcount and compensation proposals, liaising with Central HR services on studio submissions
- Responsible for the maintenance of the HR function’s legal and ethical compliance.
- Management of HR Administrator and overview of Studio people administration.
- Partnering with Central HR services on Payroll, compliance and governance matters.
- Reports to the COO at Studio
- Direct report HR Administrator
- A full-time dedicated recruiter via a partner agency Huckleberry Recruitment
- Additional support from HR & Office Manager and Office Management Intern
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- CIPD Accreditation
- Extensive generalist HR experience as a minimum requirement
- Deep knowledge of current UK employment legislation; additional knowledge of other countries useful
- Digitally proficient and technology focussed
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability and demonstrable experience in communicating, influencing and advising clients at all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional attention to detail, sound track record of execution/delivery with high quality.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgement; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Resilient and comfortable in ‘Speaking truth to power’.
- Post graduate level or equivalent (MA/PGDIPP Level 7 in HRM) would be advantageous but not essential.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.Apply