Senior Game Designer
Senior Game Designer
Sports Interactive are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Game Designer to lead the game vision of our exciting mobile project.
You will be joining a small development team with the accountability to nurture an existing core gameplay mechanic, its meta game loops and key systems.
Your experience within the mobile industry will be instrumental in taking our existing project to the next level.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to firmly establish the Game Design vision of our unannounced title.
- Galvanize the development team, gaining buy-in through strong convictions paired with a collaborative approach.
- Work within the Studio and the project’s creative structure to deliver, refine and drive forward agreed upon Design vision.
- Design, nurture and refine new features and iterate existing features to drive engagement and monetisation based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Create, update and articulate clear design documentation for understanding, scheduling and implementation
- Gain a deep understanding of our internal game engine to understand technical limitations within the design process.
- Keep on top of mobile gaming trends to optimise our work in progress features for our target audience.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have shipped at least one high-profile mobile title
- 5 years minimum experience in Game Design or relevant role
- Game Design degree or equivalent experience
- Experience prototyping game features
- Passion for making playing and making video games, especially mobile games
- Experience with sports games desirable, but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Player-first mindset
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply