QA Manager (Platform)
QA Manager (Platform)
Sports Interactive are looking for a talented QA Manager or QA Lead who wants to make the next step in their career to work on the Football Manager franchise across all game versions and platforms. As one of the members of the QA Management team at Sports Interactive, you will play a key role in designing and implementing the QA strategy for all products in your remit, as well as coaching and mentoring QA Leads and Testers who you will be responsible for.
You will join a passionate and flourishing team who care deeply about Football Manager, its quality and accuracy as the world’s leading football management simulation game.
A successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills, able to complete work independently.
- Design, implement and execute cost, time efficient and innovative QA strategies for all relevant projects and platforms in collaboration with assigned project QA Leads
- Produce reports for relevant stakeholders on testing progress on assigned projects against agreed project test strategies, highlighting concerns or risks and suggest potential mitigations where necessary
- Manage, coach, and empower direct reports, suggesting individual learning and development opportunities to management
- Liaise with external partners, production, and other stakeholders and teams to maximise productivity and enhance collaboration
- Research and identify potential opportunities to improve test process across the studio, such as tools, automation, or analytics, to make testing more efficient; presenting and evangelising initiatives where required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years or more of relevant QA experience as a QA Lead or QA Manager, ideally within the games industry with previous line management experience preferred
- Prior academic qualifications in a games industry relevant qualification and/or professional certifications (such as ISTQB certification)
- Broad understanding of functional and non-functional testing (e.g. compliance) on different games platforms, such as Microsoft Xbox, Google Stadia, Nintendo Switch
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with all studio development teams and external partners
- Diplomatic and able to influence at all studio levels to ensure team success
- Problem solver, with a solution-focussed mindset and able to innovatively utilise development tools to enhance QA processes (such as the Microsoft XDK, Visual Studio Debugger, Charles Web Proxy and other tools in an effective way)
- Exceptional coaching and mentoring skills to develop and support team members and maximise their potential
- A broad knowledge of Football, as a sport and as a global industry
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment
- Attention to detail
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply