Lead Game Programmer (C++) - Mobile
Sports Interactive are looking for a pioneering Lead Game Programmer to play a pivotal role in shaping an exciting football based mobile project.
Working in a small and energetic games-as-a-service team, you will drive forward all areas of game development and become the internal face of the product. An expert in your craft, with experience of designing and architecting new game features as well as the ability to maintain existing features and code.
As a proven mentor, sharing your years of experience and knowledge is essential to life at SI. The studio invests in junior programmers and their development – you will play a major role in shaping careers and nurturing our talent pool.
- Lead a team of currently 6 Programmers and, in conjunction with Production, manage their workload and priorities.
- Understand all areas of the game, across different disciplines. Be solutions driven and take ownership of problems.
- Work closely with Game Design and UI / UX to ensure that everything we do aligns to the vision and purpose of the game.
- As part of the Product Team, help plan new features and contribute to long-term roadmapping.
- Alongside Business Intelligence, monitor and help drive development strategy around pre-defined KPI’s.
- Build great cross-studio relationships across multiple areas (including central tech, research and match).
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines (production, art, central tech), on both development and workflow to ensure agreed ways of working.
- Be an amazing coach and mentor. Help programmers problem-solve complex issues and support their development journey, assisting with personal objectives and appraisals.
- Identify weaknesses in the team and areas of improvement. You will have the freedom to shape the team to deliver success and will need to assess technical capability of applicants in line with the project’s long-term goals and deliverables.
- Experienced C++ programmer with over 6 years of working in games or some other media or interactive product industry.
- Experience of working in a games-as-a-service team a bonus.
- A champion of code quality and a proven mentor
- A proactive can-do attitude with a solution-orientated approach to the workplace
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply