Junior UX/UI Designer (Console)
We are seeking a talented UX/UI Designer for our newly formed Console team. Collaborating with the UI Lead and Games Design team you will be assisting in the improvements being made for both the visual design and the UI, with a specific focus on usability. This role offers the chance to work on and develop for multiple platforms which have their own unique requirements. We are also aiming to improve our accessibility support to ensure our games are enjoyed by a wider range of audiences and would hope the successful applicant shares that passion.
The successful candidate will be organised, self-motivated and able to communicate with all disciplines, both within the console team and across the wider studio. You'll be keen to share your expertise and experience as well as committed to the constant improvement of your own skills and knowledge.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive any applications without a portfolio link showcasing your best work will be discounted.
- Within Feature Pods collaborate with QA, Production, and other development disciplines to ensure all new features are placing the user and usability as a top priority.
- Collaborate with Games Design in developing new and exciting features for the console versions of Football Manager.
- Produce UI designs & assets of a consistently high quality.
- Iterate through early wireframing to hi-res mock-ups.
- Work with the UI/UX Design Lead and Production to develop and grow your skillset.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong understanding of UI design principles such as Composition and Typography
- Ability to produce high quality, visually appealing UI assets (e.g. buttons, icons, menus etc)
- Experience with design software such as Figma or Sketch
- A passion for UIUX design
- A yearning to understand and meet the needs of the user
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a close-knit team
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Interest in football
- Experience creating prototypes, wireframes and developing user flows
- 1+ years UI/UX professional experience within software production (ideally within the games industry but not exclusively)
- Experience in Unity
- Animation or motion design skills (e.g. After Effects, Principle etc.)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS or similar
- Basic Understanding of Accessibility settings in games
- Experience of Adobe Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Interest in Football Manager
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success. We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
And when you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK, including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For those permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
Inclusivity Matters We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.