Junior Software Engineer Intern
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer intern to join our PC/Mac development teams. This would either be a full year sandwich placement or for a period of at least six months.
Position Overview We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer intern to join our PC/Mac development teams. This would either be a full year sandwich placement or for a period of at least six months. Key Responsibilities
- Learn and help develop rule group and competition areas of the game.
- Work with Senior Developers and increase skill set.
- Help analyse existing projects and improve upon them.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Studying towards MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in C/C++ to under-graduate standard or equivalent.
- Comfortable with game design and implementation.
- Good maths and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail.
- Passion for and knowledge of world football.
- Examples of own demos, with source code, very beneficial.
- Passion for computer games highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Sports Interactive products and tools highly advantageous.
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are five staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply