Interim HRD – Maternity Cover
Job Title: Interim HRD – Maternity Cover
Location: SI HQ, Here East, London
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
The HRD is a pivotal role within the Sports Interactive studio, and we are looking for an experienced HR leader to provide interim cover for the People & HRD whilst on maternity leave. This is estimated to be for a period of 12 to 15 months to cover a handover and transition period. The role can be full or part-time with some flexibility in terms of working hours/ days with a balance of in Studio and home working.
The role will support the Senior Leadership Team and you will be required to continue to shape and drive the Studio’s people agenda throughout 2023 and lead on strategic and complex HR projects that fall outside of the day-to-day running of the HR function. You will also oversee talent attraction, retainment, and engagement with the support of a dedicated Talent Partner to help build our employer brand and be a leading employer of choice.
You will be required to be a mentor for the Head of HR and provide direction and leadership.
The Head of HR role is focused on the day-to-day operational running of the function, line managing the 2 x People Partners, and overseeing all administration.
This is a new and evolving team within the Studio so you will have the opportunity to mentor and meaningfully impact the development of the function. We are looking for an individual who is versed at being able to hit the ground running and is passionate about enhancing and leading an effective HR team to support the Studio’s long-term people vision and culture.
Strategic Coaching and Direction
- Coaching/optimising SLT alignment to steer a complex creative/technical Studio that aims for further product diversification and team growth
- Attends the SLT, works on the strategic direction of people at the studio, specifically – contract review, overseas strategy, support of D&I initiatives, talent development, and other new areas that arise during the year
- Support future people planning and talent attraction and retainment – i.e., looking at the future of work, industry trends, global and market factor impacts, diversification in talent, Studio progression, succession, and effective organisational structure.
Business Partnering and Oversite
- Continue to grow and establish the HR function with the support of the Head of HR across the Studio
- Support the advancement of the Department Leadership Team, encouraging growth in leadership capabilities and team development
- Partner with relevant stakeholders internally and via other Studio’s to develop and enhance the Studio culture
- Partner with Central HR Services & SEGA Studios teams on rollout of local and group wide D&I, CSR, compliance, and governance initiatives
- Partner with Studio management on studio Headcount and compensation and benefit proposals, liaising with Central HR services on studio submissions.
- Oversight of all aspects of the employee lifecycle and annual HR processes
- Focus on talent - attraction, retaining, and engaging top class and diverse talent with the support of the Talent Partner
- Improve the Studio’s performance management processes, learning & development initiatives, and growth in talent in line with the studio’s strategic goals
- Review engagement survey results and initiatives in line with the Studio’s objectives
- Support the Head of HR when required, to understand and advise on relevant UK & Local Employment Laws (countries of particular interest being UK, France, Ireland, Sweden & France)
- Assist central HR Services with ongoing review of policies and communications to ensure they are compliant and aligned to business and commercial goals across the studio
- Establish a more data-driven approach to informing people-based decisions and our evolution as a Studio.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Extensive experience working as part of a senior leadership team, championing HR/ a people led focus, supporting Studio growth and change
- Experience working at a senior HR level within a creative, technical, or sport environment
- Experience at managing a newly formed HR team in transition to be able to run, grow and lead a high performing effective HR team
- Experience working with international team members or supporting international talent mobility would be desirable but not essential
- Resilience and ability to challenge the status quo when required
- Be a natural communicator and adept at influencing, and forging relationships across the Studio
- Proven leadership capabilities with experience in managing and motivating a team are essential
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics that identify trends and drive positive change
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Post graduate level or equivalent (MA/PGDIPP Level 7 in HRM) would be advantageous but not essential
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply