HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner – Sports Interactive
A unique role in a unique studio for an experienced HR professional to support and develop a world-class team delivering world-class interactive entertainment.
This role presents an amazing opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join a newly formed and growing HR team in a fast-paced, creative environment with some of the very best in UK Games Development.
As a HRBP reporting to the People & HR Director, you will contribute directly to the success of the Studio by supporting and partnering with the line managers in their business areas. You will support the growth of the Studio, driving change & improving performance, maximising colleague engagement and developing talent. You will become an integral part of the management team, delivering value-added HR activities aligned with Studio’s People Strategy and overall direction.
The role will work closely with the People & HR Director and be supported by the HR Administrator and wider operational team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Business Partner to Leaders and Line Managers:
- Collaborates with Line Managers to understand departmental priorities and assesses needs in staffing, organisational design, performance management, change management, employee relations, new leader coaching, talent management and career development
- Facilitates HR solutions and initiatives, implements new processes or tools in support of Studio priorities, project operations and overall team engagement
- Synchronises with Line Managers regularly to update on HR initiatives, discuss HR issues and collate feedback. The HRBP will be an active member in the Line Manager Steering Group and Forum and play a key role in ensuring alignment with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Guides Line Managers on performance & appraisal issues and enhance managers’ engagement in people management.
- Advises managers on relevant UK & Local Employment Law (countries of particular interest being the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden & France).
- Coordinates initiatives that enhance work relationships, employee retention, and reinforcing & promoting the Studio’s values and culture – e.g., collaboration, agility, tenacity, passion, ambition and always considering the bigger picture.
Generalist HR & HR Projects:
- Supervises all aspects of the employee lifecycle with administration support from the HR Administrator
- Promotes the talent strategy for the studio - focus on talent acquisition and development, partnering with Line Managers and external recruiters to source talent, manage the candidate experience and onboarding journey
- Identifies opportunities for emerging apprentice/intern/postgraduate schemes and finding new ways to access/develop talent
- Supports the Studios learning & development initiatives in line with the People Strategy and Studio strategic goals. Align with the Studio’s Developer Advocate to assist with the continued development and technical growth of the Studio
- Liaise and partner when required with Central HR services & wider SEGA Studios HR teams to roll out group-wide ‘SEGA Studios’ initiatives as appropriate
- Partner with studio operational resources to support with studio headcount and compensation proposals and planning
- As an ever-evolving Studio and a newly formed HR department, there are opportunities for HR project work and advancement. This is an excellent opportunity to practice HR in a creative and truly people-focused environment.
- Management of the HR Administrator with support from the Studio’s operational team and resources
- Partnering with Sega HR on Payroll, Benefits, compliance and governance matters
- Partnering with Sega HR on the HR System (Sage) and various systems such as Culture Amp, Lattice, JobVite etc.
Requirements - Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven HR generalist experience at HRBP level
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, working at an operational and management level
- Previous experience within a creative digital or technological environment is preferred
- Experience at supporting remote workers outside of the UK is desirable
- Experience in supporting organisational change within a growing business
- Experience in identifying and implementing appropriate development solutions within an unstructured and forming environment
- A flexible team player and self-starter who is well organised and detail orientated
- Skilled and experienced in organisational development and change, talent management, performance management, reward and learning and development
- Able to respond and adapt quickly under pressure, identifying and implementing process change where appropriate, with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working with employees at all levels within the Studio across a variety of departments and disciplines, with the ability to interact and influence up to exec level
- Commercially aware and customer-focused, displaying strong competencies in resilience, coaching, influencing, process development, analysis and problem solving
- Ability to successfully problem solve and apply the right approach
- Proficient in MS Office packages; specifically, in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Proficient in various HR software and databases, such as Sage, Culture Amp, Lattice etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Humanities or related disciplines
- CIPD qualified – Level 5 and above
- An individual with a passion for continuous learning and growth is essential.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.