DevOps Engineer Position Overview
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to help assist operations of our online services division. You’ll have passion for managing builds and designing, automating and maintaining build deployment, continuous delivery and integration systems for our mobile platforms. In addition, monitoring live server status and ensuring that should problems arise, our developers are given the necessary information to resolve the issues speedily
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with our developers, QA, CS and community teams to deliver a first-class experience for our customers.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop and implement new technologies in build engineering and continuous deployment to improve general workflow to support our current and future projects and products.
- Maintain and improve our deployment tools and systems to facilitate build automation and continuous deployment.
- Monitor and support deployment systems and identify and fix live issues.
- Work with the various teams in the studio to assess requirements and plan and design road maps for implementing improvements.
- Work with our IT team to spec out requirements and get the necessary IT infrastructure implemented.
- Provide engineering support for game live operations.
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Tools, including Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in Configuration Management.
- Experience with third-party hosted managed infrastructure and cloud technologies, preferably Azure
- Coordinate the various stages of deployment, and ensure all locations are updated correctly.
- Experience with Windows Server technologies and troubleshooting.
- Some knowledge of SQL and relational databases, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server hosted in the cloud.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply