We are looking for experienced and passionate DevOps engineers whose passion lies with improving systems for daily operations for build delivery and continuous integration to provide a platform for improving stability for our products. Your interests lie in automation and improving workflow, providing tools and systems for ensuring builds and build stability. You will be the interface between various teams within the studio and you will be responsible for designing and supervising the implementation of technologies and platforms to support our current and future projects. You will help to develop and maintain our continuous delivery tools and pipelines for consistent releases with minimal downtime through automated build processes, packaging, testing and deployment. You will identify and address any functional and performance issues as well as security risks and manage, monitor and maintain cloud infrastructure built with a global scale in mind.
- Maintain and improve our continuous delivery tools and pipelines.
- Maintain and improve our monitoring and alerting.
- Research, develop and implement new platforms and technologies to improve general workflow to support our current and future projects and products.
- Work closely with production as well as our development teams in the studio to assess requirements and needs.
- Build and maintain production systems with a high availability and minimal downtime.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of practical experience in a DevOps engineering role.
- Experience with continuous delivery systems such as Jenkins. Knowledge of Declarative Pipelines in Jenkins is a bonus.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code in a CD/CI setup.
- Experience of credentials management.
- Some experience with shell languages such as PowerShell and Bash.
- Experience with using Perforce or similar source control systems.
- Experience in deploying and supporting applications on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, including using related command line tools.
- Experience in hosted and server-less environments, and some experience with Windows and Linux servers.
- Experience with containers such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Some knowledge of relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. Knowledge of NoSQL is a bonus.
- Some experience with build systems such as MSBuild, xcodebuild, Gradle or similar systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and team communication skills.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.Apply