Associate QA Manager (Platforms)
Position OverviewSports Interactive are looking for a talented and experienced QA professional who wants to make the next step in their career to work on the Football Manager franchise. As a member of the Platforms QA team at Sports Interactive, you will play a key role in designing and implementing the QA strategy for all products under your remit, as well as coaching and mentoring QA team members who you will be responsible for.
You will join a passionate and flourishing team who cares deeply about Football Manager, its quality, and accuracy as the world’s leading football management simulation game.
A successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills, and able to complete work independently, when required.
- Design, implement and execute cost-efficient, time-efficient and innovative QA strategies for all relevant projects and platforms in collaboration with your team
- Produce reports for relevant stakeholders on testing progress on assigned projects against agreed project test strategies, highlighting concerns and suggesting potential mitigations where necessary
- Manage, coach, and empower direct reports, suggesting individual learning and development opportunities to management
- Liaise with external partners, production, and other stakeholders to maximize productivity and enhance collaboration
- Research and identify potential opportunities to improve test processes across the studio, such as tools, automation, or analytics, to make testing more efficient; presenting and evangelising initiatives where required
Work and Academic Experience
- Leadership experience on multiple projects in a QA capacity, ideally within the games industry in a studio environment
- Experience in defining and iterating on a project test strategy in collaboration with QA team members to ensure high-quality products.
- Able to define, mitigate and resolve project quality risks in a timely matter
- Comfortable in mentoring junior to mid-level QA professionals, identifying potential learning and development needs
- Clear, effective communicator both internally and with external partners
- Confident problem solver, with a solution-focussed mindset
- Proven experience in supervising and coaching teams on and off-site
- Broad knowledge of Football, as a sport and as a global industry would be a definite plus.
- Experience with a variety of different gaming platforms, testing experience highly desirable
- Detailed understanding of quality assurance philosophies and how they can be applied to a project
- Exposure to SCRUM/Agile development models
- Practical experience with Continuous Integration and source control systems
- Familiarity with test management tools such as Jira and TestRail
- Knowledge of test plan creation (both functional and non-functional) and an advocate of test planning best practice
Studio overviewSports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy, and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment. Apply