Associate QA Manager
We are Sports Interactive 🎮
The gaming studio behind: ⚽ Football Manager.
Founded in 1994, Sports Interactive (‘SI’) became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA Europe in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as we bring our titles to an ever-growing audience across an increasing variety of platforms.
To support our growth, we welcome the opportunity to connect with passionate people with the drive to match our ambitions and initiative to realise your individual potential.
Sports Interactive are looking for a talented and experienced Quality Assurance ('QA') professional who wants to make the next step in their career. As a senior member of the QA team at Sports Interactive, you will play a key role in designing and implementing the QA strategy for all products under your remit, as well as coaching and mentoring QA team members who you will be responsible for.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills, able to complete work independently, when required.
- Design, implement and execute cost efficient, time efficient and innovative QA strategies for all relevant projects and platforms in collaboration with your team
- Produce reports for relevant stakeholders on testing progress on assigned projects against agreed project test strategies, highlighting concerns and suggest potential mitigations where necessary
- Manage, coach, and empower direct reports, suggesting individual learning and development opportunities to management
- Liaise with external partners, production, and other stakeholders to maximise productivity and enhance collaboration
- Research and identify potential opportunities to improve test processes across the studio, such as tools, automation, or analytics, to make testing more efficient; presenting and evangelising initiatives where required.
- Experience with a variety of different gaming platforms, testing experience highly desirable
- Detailed understanding of quality assurance philosophies and how they can be applied to a project
- Exposure to SCRUM/Agile development models
- Practical experience with Continuous Integration and source control systems
- Familiarity with test management tools such as Jira and TestRail
- Knowledge of test plan creation (both functional and non-functional) and an advocate of test planning best practice
- Able to define, mitigate and resolve project quality risks in a timely matter
- Comfortable in mentoring junior to mid level QA professionals, identifying potential learning and development needs
- Clear, effective communicator both internally and with external partners
- Confident problem solver, with a solution-focussed mindset
- Proven experience in supervising and coaching teams on and off-site
- A broad knowledge of Football, as a sport and as a global industry would be a definite plus.
Benefits of Working at Sports Interactive:
- A flexible working policy to best suit you and your team. 🏠
- Subsidised mental health, therapy and coaching sessions are available. 😌
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 7% of annual salary). 🏦
- Free onsite evening bar in the Sports Interactive London HQ. 🍹
- A well-stocked breakfast bar with cereals, fruits, teas, and coffees. 🥣
- Regular events in collaboration with our partnered football clubs. 🏟️
- Access to our on-site physical and massage therapist services. 💆
- Multiple clubs and societies to join e.g., book club and art workshops.
- Free access to games released under the SEGA Europe umbrella. 🕹️
- A range of Gym Membership options through our Benefits partners. 🏋️
- Fully Subsidised Healthcare and Dental Plans. 🦷
- Free Travel Insurance for yourself and your family. ✈️
- A personalized football shirt upon passing probation. 👕
What is it like to work here?
We approach everything with passion, whether that is making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
For us, talent wins games, but teamwork wins titles. Collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best. We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you are in, so we encourage and support our people in driving your own growth and realising your full potential. But, more than anything else, we are a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that has a lot of fun doing what we do.
And whether that’s technical tweaks or fine-tuning our creative process, everything is geared at producing the best game possible for our players. To do that, we need to be tenacious and move quickly, and not be afraid of switching things up. It is these principles that have enabled us to produce a game that has defined year after year, and that will continue to push us for many more to come.
Our flexible working culture gives you the opportunity to optimise your workload, with in-office, hybrid, and remote working options dependent on role. So, if you want a work/life balance, we are behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that is not all you have got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
We’re also a London Living Wage employer, boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry and are proud to have won the ‘Best Places to Work’ award by Gamesindustry.biz in their Environmental category in 2022.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.Apply