Our shared technology team are looking for people with an experience in and passion for network and multiplayer programming
You will join our dynamic technology team, reporting into the Technical Director, where you will be implementing new multiplayer technologies as well as improving existing ones. You will help connect the next generation of players in all our products across all platforms that we work on, including enabling cross-platform connectivity.
You will be important in driving the direction and technologies in this area, as well as being an important part of, and have full input into, the shared technology team whose responsibilities include our full game engine that is shared across our products and is used across a number of platforms.
We are looking for self-motivated people with excellent communication skills who are able to complete work independently as well as part of a team.
- Drive the multiplayer area of our engine code.
- Take ownership of multiplayer aspects of our engine; support, maintain, improve and add new features and technologies across all supported platforms.
- Work with other development teams within the studio to ensure their code is multiplayer ready.
- Work with teams across the studio to plan, steer and review multiplayer features.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of C++, design patterns and software engineering.
- Minimum three years of professional experience using C++ as the main language.
- Understanding of common multiplayer systems and practices used in games.
- Understanding of common issues with connecting players in games.
- Understanding of session management.
- Experience writing and maintaining multiplayer systems for games, and profiling and optimising such systems.
- An understanding of the Steam service or a major competitor.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, portable and well documented code.
- A good understanding of performance and optimisation.
- Some experience with developing for mobile platforms such as iOS and Android, or handheld consoles such as Nintendo Switch, would be beneficial.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.