Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.
The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events and is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.
Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com.
We are looking for a Junior Programmer to join our PC/Mac development team.
• Learn and help develop rule group and competition areas of the game
• Work with Senior Developers and increase skill set
• Help analyse existing projects and improve upon them
• Experience in C/C++ to post-graduate standard or equivalent
• Comfortable with game design and implementation
• Examples of own demos, with source code, very beneficial
• Passion for computer games highly advantageous
• Passion for/previous experience with handheld devices highly advantageous
• Knowledge of football and Sports Interactive products highly advantageous
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.